ESMA is the nationally affiliated agency of the Episcopal Church
responsible for the development and support of ministries on aging.
Since 1964, ESMA has worked to serve the spiritual, psychological and
physical needs of older persons and to maximize the use of their unique
gifts and talents in continuing contributions to church and society.
This ESMANET website is an extension of that commitment, expanding
ESMA's ministry across social, political, and geographical boundaries to
improve the quality of life for all.
- We believe that aging is God's gift; not a burden to be endured but a
blessing to be enjoyed. We embrace a new paradigm of aging; one of
vitality and activity, of spiritual growth, and a commitment to the
future through a sharing of knowledge, wisdom, and experience that only
comes with time.
- Certainly, aging does bring with it special challenges, but it brings
special rewards as well. The goal of ESMANET is to provide access to
those resources that can enrich these exciting years. We encourage you
to explore the possibilities!
- The heart of ESMANET. This is the place where you'll find
informative publications prepared by and for ESMA, as well as an
extensive collection of organized links of interest to senior
citizens and their families.
- ESMA's Senior News Desk:
- Breaking news of interest to senior citizens, their families, and their caregivers.
Topics include General Interest, Health, Housing, and Finance. This feature is frequently updated
and includes hundreds of articles.
- A listing of ESMA events and locations.
- Books Published By ESMA:
- Enjoy books , manuals, and videotapes, published by ESMA,
including such favorites as Affirmative Aging,
Older Adult Ministry, and much more, as well as our new Large Print
- ESMA's Quotation of the Moment:
- Read ESMA's Quotation of the Moment, a selection of thought-provoking
quotes about living with meaning.
- Got something to share? Visit our interactive forum where you can
ask questions (or answer them), post opinions, share your ideas and
tips, your poetry or even your recipes! It's easy and fun!
- Come join the growing number of caring people who help support
ESMA in its ever-broadening outreach (like this website!). Learn
more about how you can help! See a list of ESMA's
Board Members here.
- Tell us what you think about the website: what you like and what
you'd like to see. Suggest an interesting link or other resource.
Your ideas can help us help others.
ESMA's Quotation of the Moment
(Press Your Browser's RELOAD Button to See a New Quote)
"If you haven't got any charity in your heart, you have the worst kind of heart trouble."